Wednesday, November 23, 2005

No knittin' here!

I thought I'd make a Thanksgiving post to let y'all know what I'm up to. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I am having 20 people here for dinner. There's my family, the Knitizen family and her in-laws, T's best friend and wife, his brother and his wife, their mom and her new boyfriend and another good friend and her family. I have already made my cherry chutney and my sweet potatoes. Tomorrow I do the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes. Everyone else is bringing the rest. Sound pretty easy to me. Friday, T's best friend's mom is babysitting so we can all go out, Saturday we are going to a Lobos NCAA Championship soccer game with a huge group of people and I think Sunday we might go out with Knitizen, her T. and her in-laws sans kids. Maybe I'll breathe again on Monday? It's all good. Oh yeah. I have a new job too. I agreed to watch my neighbor/friend's 9 & 12 year old for a few hours in the afternoon while she closes up her store. She's paying me really well and they are great kids. Can't beat that.

I'm posting this recipe again for anyone looking for a new sweet potato recipe. You must make this. That's an order. I promise it's a keeper.

The sweet potato recipe came from Aunt Bee's Mayberry Cookbook by Ken Beck and Jim Clark.

Robert E. Lee Natural Bridge Sweet 'Tater Pone
Alice and Jim Schwenke--Houston, Texas
"A special treat when made with sweet 'taters grown in the Darlings' garden near Old Man Kelsey's woods."

3 cups grated raw sweet 'taters (about 3 medium sized)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons butter (I used margarine)

Grease a 1-1/2 quart baking dish. In a mixing bowl combine the sweet 'taters, nutmeg, sugar and 1/2 cup of pecans. Add the milk and egg. Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining pecans. Dot with butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes.

Serves 4 to 6.

Oh wait! I've turned the heel and am working on the gusset on the sock. Woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home