Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Odessa.......so purty!



This was what I wanted to make for the Knitting Olympics! I'm so excited that Grumperina got it up at MagKnits so quickly. I'm all over this one. So much so in fact I'm starting one more team.

Who wants to do a KAL with me? I've never knit with beads before and with how busy crazy my life is, this truly will be a challenge for me. So don't give me any crap about it being too easy. M'kay?



Now I'm so excited about the Olympics!

**Edited to add - if you want to join an Odessa KAL go on over here or here!

7 Comments:

  • I saw that hat being knit at the party at Claudia's. I think learning a new technique, in this case knitting with beads, is always a challenge. But, from watching Grumperina, it's not too hard, either.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 2:00 PM  

  • I'm not giving you crap, but I promise beads are easy.

    I'll make this eventually, but not just yet.

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 2:04 PM  

  • I have an Odessa KAL at my bloggy too, how exciting. It is an awesome hat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

  • Ooh, I like that. And beads are easy to knit with, you just have to string them all on first, and bring them up to the knitting when it's time to add a bead. I'm sure you'll get used to it fairly easily.

    By Blogger Emy, at 12:39 AM  

  • I'm adding a link from my KAL to your site in case anybody in my group wants to add make it for the Olympics. Thanks!!

    By Blogger Whit, at 7:25 AM  

  • Hey, Scout, I just cast on an Odessa - couldn't wait until the Olympic socks were finished so now I am doing a biathlon.

    By Blogger sheep#100, at 10:46 AM  

  • I love that hat so very much! Im scared of beads!

    By Blogger MsFortuknit, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home