Friday, December 24, 2004

Gotta love it!

I was invited by my neighbors across the street to a surprise birthday party for the wife's 40th. I'm the kind of person who hates to go anywhere empty-handed so I decided to raid my stash and see if I had anything fun. I remembered I had bought a bunch of stuff on sale a few months ago at Michaels and knew it'd be perfect for a cute scarf. I pulled out my size 50's and gave myself nap time to knit as much as I could. I had some Jewel Box and some pretty eyelash yarn and knit until my kids woke up. I love having a skill like this!

Voila - the naptime scarf!




The funniest thing was that my gift was the best one of the whole party. She had 3 different friends who said, "OMG! You made this? Do you sell them?!?" I had fun telling them I made it during naptime. They looked at me in such amazement. I didn't tell them it cost me about 6 bucks too. I left the party with a date with the 10 year old daughter of the neighbors to teach her how to knit. She's so excited to learn.

The moral of the story is to buy yourself a pair of size 50 needles, have a good stash of yarn and 1-2 hours of time to make someone a very pretty present! And yes, size 50's are gigantic and not so easy to use. But, you get used to it and it's fun to have single stitches that are almost 2' tall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home