Saturday, August 20, 2005

Okay

So. My son's teacher was pregnant and I brought her these booties on the last day of school. It was my first Debbie Bliss pattern and I think in general, her pattern sucked! I'm a very visual person. I guess she thinks that anyone who buys Adorable Knits for Tots: 25 Stylish Designs for Babies and Toddlers doesn't need help in visualizing something like this. Luckily, I just happened to see a similar pattern in another book of hers for beginners where they did show what it looked like pre-seaming. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I like to know what I'm knitting before I knit a pattern. I would have never imagined they'd look like this!



Anyway, they turned out really well and she loved them. Her baby was really teeny so she has yet to put them on him. She said she'll send me a picture as soon as she does. So, in the meantime, we have this example.

2 Comments:

  • Ha! It's so funny that our blog posts are almost exactly the same today! :) My Erika Knight pattern didn't come with any kind of schematic, so I had no idea I'd get my weird shape, either. All's well that ends well, eh? :) They turned out soooooo cute. Mwah!

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 5:33 PM  

  • Have to say that I agree with you. I wouldn't have known what the heck to do with the pre-seamed product either. Good for you for figuring it out. That reminds me, I should probably seam up a pair of booties that I finished knitting months ago. She's due any day now!

    By Blogger Jen, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home