Saturday, November 12, 2005

I think I need to change the blog title...

To Scout's Knitted and Beaded Swag!

I have a new obsession. I've wanted to make jewelry for as long as I can remember. Lately I've been looking for certain things and can't find them or they are way too expensive. So, like always, I figured I could just make what I wanted. I went to Walmart to buy the basic things I'd need to make the necklaces and earrings myself. Today I also hit the bead shop. Um. Very. Dangerous.

I made these all in the last two days. I LOVE them. The swirls and red ones are for best girly Carole and the green ones are for another girlfriend. I'm wearing the purple earrings and the pretty purple necklace and I'm so happy to finally have some pieces I like. The pictures don't do the beadwork any justice. The colors are all so pretty. I already gave 3 ne
cklaces away that aren't pictured here. I'm such a freaking dork aren't I?

Not too shabby for my first pieces huh? Click on them to see the bigger pictures.




Then, a good friend came over last night and I let her pick out her own beads to make her a set of matching earrings and a necklace. She had a business meeting up in Santa Fe this morning and was going to wear them. I'm pretty happy with how they cam out.



My baby girl also picked out her own beads for a necklaces.



And finally, I just finished this purple, Classic Elite, Lou Lou scarf and made a necklace this morning when I woke up to match the earrings I made yesterday. Don't they all look good together?



It's soooo much fun. You can't tell I'm having fun with this can you?

2 Comments:

  • You're a beading maniac! Have you seen the tutorials for beaded stitch markers? I bought some supplies to make them...we should have a Bead n Bitch night sometime!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 6:03 PM  

  • Nice things.
    And I think your blog is gawgeous!

    By Blogger cookiecrumb, at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home