Sunday, November 06, 2005

Okay....whatever

I don't know why this bothered me but it did. Yesterday I went to the Weems Artfest with a friend and while at a cool pottery booth I noticed a funky scarf on the saleswoman. I asked her if she made it and she said, "No, a friend did back a few years ago when this became popular." It was a pretty basic eyelash/ribbon scarf but it was a really cool ribbon yarn. I asked her if I could see it and she obliged. I was just trying to figure out what the yarn was exactly since I couldn't spot it right away. She then said, "Well this is very hard to knit with." This, of course, totally offended me. I know it shouldn't have really. But it did! What made her think I didn't know how to knit? I couldn't help but say, "Well, this is what I do." Implying, THIS IS MY LIFE. Even though it isn't really but I was annoyed with her. She then changed her tone and tried to explain what the yarn was but I was alreaday done paying attention to her. I even had a cool funky handmade scarf on too. The only credit I'll give her is that I think she was drunk. She was talking about how they had liquor in the back of their truck to keep things interesting......um.....okay.

2 Comments:

  • She probably said it because she never figured out how to work with it. That or her friend made a big deal out of knitting that scarf for her so she wouldn't know how easy it actually was to do. Ha!

    By Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog, at 1:25 PM  

  • Thanks for the tip on your friend! That's verrrrrry interesting...

    By Blogger Jenny, at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home