Wednesday, November 09, 2005

SOS

Readers? Please help me. Someone on my Bloglines posted the cutest mohair baby booties recently and I want that pattern! Anyone know what it's out of. Oh wait..... Last Minute Gifts? Also, what is your most favorite, fairly easy, infant sweater pattern? I have a really good friend who is about to pop and since she's back East she needs warm clothes for her babe. Please? Help! I need some inspiration. I've hit some sort of knitting slump. I think all of those scarves sucked out my knitting creativity since they completely lacked creativity. Has anyone seen my knitting mojo? Send it back please. Thank you! I'm counting on you. Yes YOU!

2 Comments:

  • The baby kimono from this year's summer Interweave Knits was pretty easy to knit up. No seaming, just a three needle bind-off which I liked a whole lot.

    The baby booties in "last minute" is an interesting pattern - it's knit in the round on two straight needles! I know! Whaa? It's a really cool double knit pattern. I made some out of the same yarn I used for the kimono.

    I highly recommend both of those.

    By Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog, at 11:01 AM  

  • Another knit-in-one-piece, 2 seams baby sweater is the one in all garter stitch at Lion Brand. http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kce-oneStitchBabySet.html
    There's the url. I made mine with Red Heart red and a row of gold single crochet trim. You can see it at my blog. I'd make a 6 mo. or bigger size just so you know it'll fit when you get it to your friend. I really like the Haiku pattern from Knitty.com, too but it's a little more time consuming and has seams, seams, seams. The next one I do from that pattern, I'm going to figure out how to do it to incorporate the sleeves in so that it's one piece. i like the idea of a three needle bind off so I'll have to get that pattern from Noelle and try it. I have a lot of alpaca and angora that could be cute baby sweaters. If I want to give it up for that! Hmmm,... Have to think about it.
    I'm adding your blog to my list :).
    Jeannie

    By Blogger jeannie, at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home