Friday, November 18, 2005

Why I'm a Lustful Wench

I'm stuck. What do you do when you have something you are supposed to knit at the same time you have something you want to knit? Right now I'm torn. One of my very good friends is about to have a baby. The one I mentioned before. I am totally excited to knit this sweater from this summer's IK. Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen? The problem is that I'm lusting after a knitting bag. One of my online girlfriends is amazingly talented and has been making these bags. I mean, look at this bag! And this one! Or even this one! Do you see my problem? I told her she's evil for making me so lustful.

I mean, what do I do? Oh I know. I must have the bag. The damn baby can wait for a sweater right? She won't even be able to complain about being cold anyway? I even bought the yarn already for my evilbagmaking friend. How have I not seen all the cool new Rainforest sock yarn from Opal? It's such cool stuff! I got some of this

to make her a pair of socks in exchange for a bag. Isn't it purty? I think it's funny to have knitting be such a magical skill to possess. Whenever another crafty friend can do something else I can't I always just say, "I want one! I'll knit you something!" Do you do that too? Or am I the only lustful wench out there like this? Maybe don't answer that.

I guess this post has been my own little therapy session. My new mantra will be, "I will not feel guilty for knitting socks first."

Have a good weekend y'all!

2 Comments:

  • hmmm, I appear to have ended up at your blog by complete accident, it made me laugh anyway, not that I have ever knit anything, oh no wait, I seem to remember something at school, something in a kind of monkey poo colour, no it's gone...

    By Blogger Monkey Gland, at 12:44 AM  

  • So, does your talented friend sell them? Like the pink one? To me? Or want any other knitted objects? Maybe a fabu convertible shrug? Seriously, let me know!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home