Monday, December 19, 2005

Blargity Blargh




Isn't my One Skein Wonder pretty? Isn't the Melting Grape Popsicle beautiful? Too bad it's cutting off the circulation under my arms in those pictures. Yep. These linebacker shoulders are too damn big. Or actually, my lovely husband didn't do a great job measuring when I asked him to take my shoulder to shoulder measurement.

Now what to do? I blocked the crap out of it and it's stretched to it's limit. I refuse to frog it. I know I could probably frog the ribbing and add some stitches but I'm not even sure I want to do that. The yarn is a bit delicate (Where the silk and wool are spun together) and I don't know how it would hold up to frogging after I've blocked it. It's probably only about an inch too tight. Maybe not even that much. What would you do? My choices are:

1) Screw it. Cut off the circulation under your armpits! Pain is beauty!

2) Find someone to give you the money for the yarn and make another one.

3) Force your 3 year old to wear it.

4) Frog the ribbing, add some stitches and make it bigger. Not fun, but best option.

5) Give it to Carole and make her fix it for you because she loves you and would do that for you if you whined enough.


Also, it's only 7:55am on day one of Christmas break for both of my kids and I'm already ready to strangle them. How the hell am I going to make it 2 weeks and 2 days? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

They can go to the drop-in daycare at the gym so I can run! Woot!

Oh, but they are cute aren't they? Happy Holidays to all my crafty friends out there!?

11 Comments:

  • I had a moment of panic when I saw my name and the words "fix it" in the same sentence. Then I realized it's the *other* Carole and I relaxed! The kids are adorable!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 9:08 AM  

  • Love the Scoutlet card. I would fix the "wonder." Maybe Carole will fix it for you as a Christmas present?

    By Blogger me, at 10:20 AM  

  • Have you tried blocking it while wearing it? Spray it down with water and wear it until it dries (doesn't this sound like fun?). Maybe it will give you the extra bit of stretch you need or not. Maybe you should just start making a list of all the nice things you can do for Carole after she helps you fix the thing. P.S. It really is pretty!

    By Blogger Ramona, at 10:21 AM  

  • do i really need to tell you, grasshopper?
    this time of year, give it away. one gift solved.

    make another for yourself after jan 1. if you give the first one to someone who doesn't live near you, you can wear yours with no fear of fashion faux pas.es.

    By Blogger Amy R Singer, at 10:42 AM  

  • You should fix your OSW....It will be great! The color is awesome. And the Scoutlets are just too adorable!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM  

  • Your OSW is pretty but your kids definitely stole the show/post. Sweet!

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 2:14 PM  

  • Happy holidays to your scoutlets back! And I'd choose option #5 if it's really an option. (What are friends for anyhow?) PS -- I finally did the meme. :) Jenifer http://jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

    By Blogger jen, at 3:22 PM  

  • I vote to fix it. it really is cute.
    One day down of the holiday break! Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

  • omg, I can't believe all thse ppl telling you *I* should fix it!! Why would I be any better at it than you?
    I'll need to see it in person!

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 6:00 PM  

  • Put it away till after the holidays, then pull it out, frog and fix! Spend time with those adorable kids instead!

    By Blogger Leslie, at 5:33 AM  

  • Hee hee - the best option is always to get someone else to fix it for you because...sniff...you are just too close to it to be able to...sniff...rip any of it out...sniff...

    Unfortunately, that never works for me, so rip out the ribbing and tweak away. Other than the armpit tourniquet thing, it's lovely! :)

    Those kids look like cute trouble.

    By Blogger Chris, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home