Friday, December 30, 2005

The guilt can be released

So my good friend Kelly is not getting a knitted baby gift right now. I just can't bring myself to knit a baby thing right now! I'm being totally selfish and really want to knit the Jaywalkers with my Stitch 'n' Bitch girlies. I'll knit her something when I feel like it in a few months. There's something about the pressure of getting it done. You know? I'm such a rebel I hate being made to do anything. Not that I was being made to do it, but I was forcing it too much and wouldn't have really enjoyed it. Instead, sweet baby Grace will be getting these:



Some of my most favorite baby gifts from when my own girly was little. Those Little Taggies are brilliant. And yes, I know how easily I could make one of those. Don't even say it okay? They're bought, wrapped and ready to ship and I'm happy about it dammit.

Plus, I just bought some of this Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in Black Watch. How yummy is that!?



I just need to put the gifties in the mail tomorrow and stop worrying about this present, finish my boys' socks and onto Jaywalkers!

5 Comments:

  • Those are great gifts ... there should be no guilt about not swathing the child in wool. You have PLENTY of time for that, and a finite amount of time in which she will be able to wear those cunning little shoes.

    Besides, you don't want to knit resentment into Grace's gift. Knit the Jaywalkers (very fun pattern -- I'm at the first heel on mine), and make her a lovely something in size 12 months when you feel like it.

    Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Ruth, at 9:39 PM  

  • I wouldn't feel too guilty about the baby gifts, you got her some nice things. And you'll love Jaywalkers!
    Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 4:39 AM  

  • Those gifts are really cute. I always like to take awhile to knit a baby thing... I like to enjoy it too!
    Happy New Year to you and the scoutlets!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 AM  

  • I love that Lorna's Laces color. Mmmm mmm. Can relate on the baby knitting - there's been an overflow of babies recently, and I just wanna knit some fun stuff for me for a change...

    By Blogger Chris, at 1:44 PM  

  • I think these are great gifts and you will knit something for the baby a bit later. All in all it just means more gifts for the baby, what's wrong with that?!

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home