Sunday, December 11, 2005

Socks 'n' Clocks

Today was a busy craft day dans Chez Scout. This morning we did our annual holiday clocks for the kids' teachers. Every year I buy inexpensive clocks from Target for about $4.00 and the kids do beautiful water colors that I put into the clocks as the face. The kids love making them and the teachers love getting them. Perfect. Click the picture to see a bit better.



During the soccer game (Which we lost... BOO!) I got a bit of knitting done and finally finished my socks for Miss Bee.

I love how they turned out all funky and mismatched with the stripes. Thanks to my girl Carole who ran over here to swap some needles with me, I was able to get them modeled. Lucky for me she has the same size foot as Bee so I was able to use her throughout the process. These are my first adult socks!


I'm off to cast on the

Melting Grape Popsicle to make a One Skein Wonder. Noelle? You there? ;)The yarn is wound up and ready to go.

3
2
1
Cast ON!

5 Comments:

  • The socks look awesome & felt lovely! Bee's a lucky woman!

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 6:44 PM  

  • As a teacher? The clock thing is such a fun idea! Wow. I'd be thrilled to get a piece of art like that from one of my students.

    Cool socks, too. :)

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 9:47 PM  

  • Those clocks are so cool, what a great idea. And, how confusing is it for you to have TWO "Caroles" commenting?

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 5:43 AM  

  • The socks are beautiful! I love the clocks, too. You could break some child labor laws and have the kiddos paint over the holiday break. "Paint, kids, paint" and then you could open up an Etsy shop or something. They're that cool. Maybe you should put up a tutorial?

    Can't wait to check out the interview!!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 6:48 AM  

  • I love the clock idea - it's brilliant. I might have to make one for myself! And your socks are very fun.

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home