Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wow

First of all I want to thank those of you who have already participated in the knitting meme I posted about yesterday. It's been so much fun seeing where everyone parks their tush and gets their knitting groove on.

This afternoon I had a needle felting party! Thanks to my fabulous Secret Pal Jenn I got a Fiber Trends needle felting kit that I got to test out today. I made a felty bag a few years ago for my son and it's basically just sat in a toy box unused. I decided it was the perfect thing on which for me to learn my new mad skilz. Beverly came over to felt a bag she wasn't too keen on and a cute secret other thingamajiggy. It took about 2 stabs of the felting needle before she exclaimed, "This is so cool! Ramona was right! This is so easy. I love it!" My girly got in on the action and had fun playing with the roving. Then Shelby, my cool neighbor, sk8tr girl showed up. (She and her brother come over now in the afternoons while her parents are at work) She totally loved it and almost did one whole side of my bag. I am going to teach her how to knit next. Check out the action here. If you're related to Beverly in any form don't look because I don't know if one of these is for you! You have been warned.

These are the pictures of my bag. I need to retake them tomorrow in the natural light. Not bad for my first time doing it huh?



7 Comments:

  • totally cool! I'm jealous I couldn't stay for the fun!
    Now we need to have a needle-felting & cocktails evening!

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 7:35 PM  

  • That looks like so much fun! Ya'll will have to show me this cool process! And the girls are too cute. Love the little skater girl awww.

    By Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog, at 4:10 AM  

  • Cool Lolly! I can't wait to see them. Maybe I'll bring Shelby to our Stitch 'n' Bitch next week? It might be good for her.

    By Blogger Scoutj, at 6:32 AM  

  • That is great! I love the bag.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 6:52 AM  

  • Awesome job! I actually used mohair for my felting, as did my friend Carey with her flame bag. It would be interesting to play with a few different fibers to see what you get. Take Carole's suggestion and add in the cocktails; it might get even more interesting

    By Blogger Ramona, at 7:11 AM  

  • I too am resisting the urge to needle felt! I'm making lots of felted things for Christmas and I keep think a little needle felting would spice them right up!
    I just posted my knitting space and wanted to thank you for the fun meme!

    By Blogger Tara, at 7:50 AM  

  • How fun is that! Nice bag!

    By Blogger me, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home