Tuesday, January 03, 2006

And the winner is.....



Emy!

How freaking cute is this bag? This one in particular belongs to Allison. I know a bunch of people made these over the past year but hers really caught my eye. There's a whole long thread about them on craftster.org if you're interested in making one. I know, it's a knock-off but man....I just had to make it! And who the hell pays $150-$200 for a knitted bag!? I'm using Twillys "Freedom Wool" in #405. My picture below doesn't do the color justice at all. It's so much prettier in person. I also got some cool, black retro fabric for the inside and want to do a black ribbon with black handles. It's going to totally rock!

Thanks again Allison for the inspiration.

Also! Look what my best girl made for me. We're both having a hard time getting the lighting so look at the one on the website.



Isn't that yarn gorgeous? It's from kpixie and it's called Karaoke-color 278. I love it so much. The pattern is on their website for free too. When I get a better picture of hers I'll post.

7 Comments:

  • I expect to see that beautiful scarf in person tonight. I knew it was a purse because Laurie wrote about it in her blog before you did the contest.

    By Blogger Ramona, at 2:19 PM  

  • Dang it. Cute little bag was soooo far from my mind. Cool yarn tho.

    By Blogger Chris, at 4:26 PM  

  • I didn't recognize the colorway on Carole's blog but I do now that I've seen it on yours. That's the same Karaoke color that I made Hannah's lacey cable hat from. It's really pretty!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 4:41 PM  

  • That purse is fabulous, and I'm with you, I'm not about to spend money (and certainly not that much!) on something I can knit.

    Hey, I bought my magnet, check out the blog for a pic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 PM  

  • Ooh, I love that scarf. I think I will have to make that soon. Maybe just perfect in some Noro Kureyon, we shall see! The knitted bag/purse is really cute! And who would really pay $100 or more for it, at least not a knitter?!

    By Blogger WandaWoman, at 8:19 PM  

  • That bag is soooo nice... think it is a good way to learn cables?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

  • Best content & valuable as well. Thanks for sharing this content.
    Approved Auditor in DAFZA
    Approved Auditor in RAKEZ
    Approved Auditor in JAFZA
    i heard about this blog & get actually whatever i was finding. Nice post love to read this blog
    Approved Auditor in DMCC

    By Blogger Drift Financial Services, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home