Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Oh Socks That Rock

How do I love thee? I really think that this colorway is my most favorite yarn ever. Click to see it bigger. I mean, how can you go wrong with pinks, blacks, greys & fuchsia? Hard Rock. To. Die. For. Is this not the prettiest yarn?



Since the lighting completely blows where we knit, most of us are casting on before tonight because the Abq girls are starting our own Jaywalker KAL. It should be a blast. I'll remember to bring my camera to document the momentous occasion.

Now that I have my ribbing done I'll be a good girl and go back the the criss-cross scarf for the girl. Carole already threatened me not to knit more than the ribbing since I yelled at her not to either.



I'm so in love with this yarn. I really need to go and buy some other colors. I think I'll make my T. a pair after mine.

13 Comments:

  • Oooh, I have the same colorway. Can't wait to see how yours knits up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33 AM  

  • I have Lapis and some other color way with blue and pink and purple. I love this yarn, too!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 11:33 AM  

  • Oh, that is lovely. I have Fire on the Mountain, which is gorgeous, too.

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:32 PM  

  • The yarn is awesome! Can't wait to see it knit up.

    By Blogger Cathy, at 12:45 PM  

  • I'm sooooo pissed at you for having my dream yarn!! tthhhhpppptt!

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 1:24 PM  

  • You're using the bigger put up - the 360 yds? Who said you won't have enough yarn? You wear size 9.5? What I'd do is make the same socks I make, only with the 360 yardage. 12 rows ribbing, 25 repeats, split for heel flap, 15 rows on the heel flap, turn heel, continue on foot until you need to decrease for the toe. Usually gives me a 6" cuff. That's what I do with 325 yds. I end up with 57 pattern repeats before I decrease for the toe. I wear a size 8. The thing to remember is that the pattern repeats take a lot of yarn, so if you have to cut somewhere, cut there, not on the ribbing.

    Have fun! ;-)
    Cara

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 PM  

  • YOUR booga bag is fab, and that is the one colorway i like. and, i am occasionally tempted to make a rosedale in noro, but by and large, the garments out there are notsogood.

    mmmmm. socks that do indeed rock!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 3:24 PM  

  • Ooh, I'm drooling over that yarn. It's fabulous...lucky you!

    By Blogger Leslie, at 4:10 PM  

  • Ay caramba, what an awesome color! I do love it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

  • It is a beautiful colorway.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 5:37 AM  

  • It seriously is so beautiful. (If you have any leftovers, I'll take some. :)

    By Blogger jen, at 7:55 AM  

  • Oh, that absolutely rocks! I want that yarn! I'm so glad you're feeling better and have gotten your knitting energy back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 PM  

  • *swoon*

    love that colorway!

    -knitlette

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home