Wednesday, January 18, 2006

STITCH 'N' BITCH

Stitch 'n' Bitch
Stitch 'n' Bitch
Stitch 'n' Bitch
Stitch 'n' Bitch!!!


Am I going to get in trouble for saying that now? /sarcasm

So I think our Stitch 'n' Bitch should win some sort of prize for having the most people at one time casting on for Jaywalkers. Cara, you are more than welcome to take this picture if you want too. Although, we're missing 2-3 more people in our group who cast on yesterday with us. How cool is that? We had 8 of us last night casting on. Click all pictures to see bigger.



We all had so much fun watching the pattern emerge and knew we'd have a hard time stopping last night. Well, those of us that didn't have to frog and start over that is. Yeah. For some reason I started mine on 2's thinking it'd work. I knew I had to frog after receiving this e-mail from Cara.

Frog. That's my advice. Do them on 1s. Why did you decide to do them on 2s anyway? Are your legs/feet particularly large? Did you try them on?Frog. That's my advice. Do them on 1s. Why did you decide to do them on 2s anyway? Are your legs/feet particularly large? Did you try them on?

She was so nice in that e-mail wasn't she? She could have said, "What the hell? Get a clue and follow the damn directions okay?" So Miss Scout learned her lesson and now has a pair of Jaywalkers that look much better. If my tummy would behave I might get some knitting done today. I'm finding out I'm not completely better yet.

Back to Stitch 'n' Bitch. Here are the rest of the girlies who were knitting but just not the Jaywalkers. It's all good! We still love them. ;) Look at my student Debbie who learned how to knit just 2 weeks ago! She loved my Booga Bag so much she decided that had to be her first project ever. She was so damn happy after I helped her pick up the stitches last night. But look at her bag! She's rockin'!




This is Bev & Carole's tribute to the late Johnny Cash. We're so mature aren't we?

14 Comments:

  • That is a great SNB! I would love to have one going....
    I especially like the tribute to Johnny Cash. Those girls could be a part of my tribe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:52 PM  

  • Love the Johnny Cash Pic!

    By Blogger Ramona, at 2:11 PM  

  • Go Jaywalkers! I did mine on 0s, with Lorna's Laces...

    The Girl From Auntie's been doing some great summarization of the whole SnB issue.

    By Blogger Chris, at 2:21 PM  

  • Love the pics!!!

    I finally got my pattern to show up on my socks! It is looking so cool!!! I may stay home from the ice rink tonight and knit on them. Yes, the Jaywalkers are addicting!

    And it burns, burns, burns... That ring of fire.... ROTFLMAO!!!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 2:26 PM  

  • haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 2:38 PM  

  • Well at least you weren't too far along before you decided to start over. I've been working away on mine a bit today. I uploaded my pics to flickr and created an Abq SNB Flickr group too!
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/abqsnb/

    By Blogger The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog, at 2:42 PM  

  • Super cool!! I can't believe she's only been knitting 2 weeks. You must be a great knitting teacher. Make sure you show me her finished bag, 'kay?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

  • OK, I give in-I am off to buy some 1's tomorrow. Dammit!

    By Blogger Ramona, at 5:17 PM  

  • Hehe! I got a little more ribbing done between classes today. Really going to try to get to the pattern by the weekend!

    I think we should all start all of our posts for the next week like you started yours!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 8:21 PM  

  • Yeah - 1's, definitely on the 1's. Jaywalkers on 1's.

    If you care to see the result of Jaywalkers on size 2's, head on over to my socks photo album and check out the elephant ankles. http://betheany.typepad.com/photos/socks/str_jaywalker.html . You can totally see the extra drooping at the back of the leg. They are now my 'slouchy' socks.

    Cara's right, follow the pattern. My new zebra Jaywalkers are coming out perfect on 1's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM  

  • Looks like you had So Much Fun! :)

    By Blogger jen, at 8:00 AM  

  • How soon do we get the announcement re: your event in the Knitting Olympics?

    I'm taking down as many other knitters with me as I can! MWAHAHAHAHAH

    By Blogger jenifleur, at 8:09 AM  

  • What fun to cast on for a group KAL all at once! I'm glad the size 1s are working for you now. I plan on making some with LL's and I know I will have to use 1s, b/c the yarn is thinner than Regia.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

  • I've had similar gauge issues with this sock. I think it is because the stitch pattern is not plain stockinette -- that changes the gauge we are getting with these yarns. Have you had any problems with little holes appearing near the increase stitches?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home