Friday, January 27, 2006

Vodka, cranberry & Sprite

The drink of a champion right? That's all I needed to finish up my first Jaywalker. Jeezum crowbait what a pain! (Those of you from New Enlgand know that one) It's done and it's far from perfect. I don't like things not being perfect. It's one of the things I like about knitting. I have control over fixing things. However, after restarting this three times I pretty much gave up and went with it knowing I'd just change the pattern for the second one. Yeah, you read that right. Got a problem with that? I'm going to use my 2.5mm Crystal Palace Birches with 76 stitches and I think that should be perfect. Instead of frogging I'm going to have 2 different size socks. I figure they are a good pair to learn on and I already have another skein of Socks That Rock waiting for me in my stash basket.

Here is my first one. I told you she wouldn't get any publicity until she behaved a bit more and was completed. Click to see just how ridiculously big beautiful they are.




I altered the pattern some to fit my foot better. Probably nothing anyone would really notice. First, I made them shorty socks. I don't like really tall socks. Next, I decreased some more around the gusset because I felt it was too big. Then I decreased the toe a bit differently. I did the every other row until it was up to my little toe and then every row until there were 12 stitches left. I haven't really liked the look of the toe on a lot of them I've seen because I think it's too squared off for me. I did the kitchener stitch on those 12 and really like the look on my toe.

Big sigh of relief. This sock should have been done about 4 days ago. I'm off to chef up another drink and cast on my second sock. Wish me luck.

**Edited to add - I already cast on and am almost done with the ribbing. I decided to go down to 1's for the ribbing then I'll go back up to the 1.5's for the rest. I think I'm going to like this better. The ribbing will stay nice and formed. Stay tuned!**

11 Comments:

  • they look cool. I wsish blogger would cooperate so I could post mine!!

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 6:47 PM  

  • Wishing you luck!!! :-)

    While you are chefing up a nice adult beverage, can you have one for me too??? Actually, could you have 3 or 4 for me??? LOL!!!

    I like the sock!!! For all of the trouble it has given you, it looks really good! I am going to have to order some of the Socks that Rock and try a pattern or two with it... It looks really soft and comfy!!!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 6:49 PM  

  • It looks Goood! I'm off to have that glass of wine and work on mine

    By Blogger Ramona, at 6:59 PM  

  • Ooooh pretty. The title to your post really caught my eye... I've had a sucky week and would love a cocktail, except that I'm pregnant! Booo! Have one for me, willya? And keep on rockin' the gorgeous socks!

    By Blogger goodkarma, at 7:15 PM  

  • It looks great - love how it striped up. Hopefully the 2nd one is much less vexing!

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:59 PM  

  • Looks great, Scout!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 11:40 PM  

  • It came out great! I haven't tried that pattern yet but will I am sure one of these days.

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:14 AM  

  • Great sock! I dig that colorway.

    By Blogger kate, at 7:06 AM  

  • Hey, I did get your comment, and to figure out how to do that, I need to know, are you using your own host with WordPress, or are you using a free account at Wordpress.com? Let me know, I'll hook you up with some mad blogging knowledge :-D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

  • you are not fooling me, you made that sock short because you want to get this over with already.

    By Blogger GibsonGrrl, at 1:25 PM  

  • Wow Scout! Looking good! I love the pink and black colorway.

    By Blogger Cari, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home