Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wanna know something else?

I'm tired of doing my girls hair everyday. Oh I know. Those of you with boys or those who can't wait to have a little girl would have a hard time believing that. But trust me. Some mornings I can barely get myself together let alone another little person. I love her hair too. However, I was feeling pretty damn lazy today which inspired a trip to Jungle Cuts where you can basically get a free week off from hairdoin' for the low cost of $10.00 including tip. I mean, what a brilliant idea huh?




You know what this means right? Well, let's add up 5 minutes a day x 7 days and that equals a good 35-40 minutes I'll gain on knitting this week. Minus the aggravation of doing the hair too and I'd say that's well worth $10.00.

Now I'm off to find my extra-super-strong-hold hairspray so those braids don't move an inch and I get my week off dammit. I wonder if she'll sleep sitting up in a chair so they might last more than a week?

16 Comments:

  • How cute! And I bet she loves it, too.

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 12:45 PM  

  • very cool!

    By Blogger Ramona, at 12:47 PM  

  • tell her I love them!
    Viv feels like shit.

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 12:51 PM  

  • They are great. Congrats on a cheap solution to a week off!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 PM  

  • Heh - my mom got tired of doing my hair, too, and decided I was old enough to do it. I had quite a dreadlock going by the time she realized her error...

    By Blogger Chris, at 1:06 PM  

  • How cute is that! I have three daughters and had to learn how to do those braids (which ADDED time to the hairdoing routine - not to bright am I?!) - there wasn't a place around here that would do them for $10.00 - woooooo hoooooo for your! :) The girls are adorable!

    By Blogger Cathy, at 2:34 PM  

  • I don't even spend 5 minutes a day on my own hair, I can't imagine doing it to someone else. Those braids are totally worth it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 PM  

  • Sweet!!

    By Blogger a., at 4:12 PM  

  • Maybe you could wrap her head in toilet paper before she goes to bed. My granny used to do that to keep her beehive-ish hairdo in place in between weekly beauty shop trips.

    By Blogger Elabeth, at 8:47 PM  

  • Haaaaaa Elabeth!

    She's asleep in a chair. The hair should be good in the morning. ;)

    By Blogger Scoutj, at 8:49 PM  

  • so so cute. And I remember - I *totally* loved it when I had braids in my hair like that when I was little! so it's a win-win!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 AM  

  • How's the 'do holding up? I should get one for my own head because I hate fixing my hair everyday!! :)

    By Blogger Erin, at 7:13 AM  

  • I LOVE it!!!! I bet she's the coolest cat in town (and totally knows it).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

  • I love that hair do. Must get my girls done as well. I don't spend doing their hair in the morning because they wont let me, however, I think they would go for this.

    Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 4:30 PM  

  • I love this journal! Now, is it possible to get it to show up on my FL? I don't get it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 PM  

  • The hair is soo cute! I'd say it's worth the money for sure...especially on hectic mornings! BTW..love the color of your Jaywalkers. I haven't made them, but I have always used bamboo dpn's for socks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home