Sunday, January 08, 2006

What is that saying?

"Idle hands are the devil's tools"? That was me last night as I sat in my knitting chair and my family started watching "Attack of the Clones". See where it says 142 minutes? I knew I was in trouble because I had forgotten my Booga Bag with my current WIP at the store. I felt all fidgety and knew I had to start something or I'd go nuts trying to sit there all night without something to knit. I immediately grabbed for my misshawklet homespun sent to me by my wonderful Secret Pal Jen and decided to start on HelloYarn's Cherry Garcia. Ramona finished one up a few weeks ago and it seemed like a fairly quick and fun knit.

So all was good in the Scout house last night as I was able to fill my knitting needs as I whipped up almost 2 repeats of the pattern. I know it's kind of haerd to see what's going on there but I promise it's way pretty! Isn't her yarn yummy too?



My only concern is that I don't have enough yarn. I guess I'll just knit until there's nothing left. I could always do some sort of ribbibng on each end with another yarn if it's too short? For anyone looking for a fun project I highly recommend this one. I wonder if it'll ever get cold enough to wear it here!?

4 Comments:

  • Looks Good! I was a little short on yarn so I left out the 3rd line of the pattern to save some yarn and it was fine.

    By Blogger Ramona, at 8:32 AM  

  • That yarn is beautiful!!

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:41 AM  

  • I love that yarn. You need to send it to me. *putting on hypnotic suggestions* You must send itgirl that yarn, you feel a burning need to send itgirl that yarn...

    By Blogger itgirl, at 6:38 PM  

  • That yarn looks like a lot of fun. (I'm loving your blue bag down a few posts, too.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home