Saturday, January 07, 2006

Workin' it!

Yesterday was my first day of work and it was great. It was like I've been there forever. I walked in and basically they just had me start working. I watched Meg (one of the four owners) write up one sales and then I was on my own. I felt 100% comfortable and could pretty much help everyone who walked in with the exception of the woman with the eyelash shawl who had *put it down and forgot where she was* as she pulled out the most tangled mess of eyelash I've ever seen. I even found myself saying, "Sometimes you just have to decide to cut your losses and cut that all out and start over." I happily passed her over to a coworker who knew the pattern she was attempting. They all thought it was funny that I fully admitted to my OCD tendancies and will spend all of my free time straightening up the yarn. I'm going in today from 1-5 if anyone wants to come visit! Please!? So yeah. I totally will love working there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they buy a new space just down the street from me so it only takes me 2 minutes to get there instead of the 15. Also, Beth from my Stitch 'n' Bitch came in and bought a few things and we spent forEVER winding up a hank of sock yarn.

The other thing is that I'm worried I'm coming down with a cold. Dr. T. told me to take the day off from working out so I'm following his directions and taking it easy. Blair has some birthday money to spend so I think I'll just go out and do that with him this morning. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes!

So yeah.... 1-5 today! Who's coming in!?

4 Comments:

  • It's an awfully long drive for me or you know I'd be there. So glad it's working out!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 8:08 AM  

  • Altho I love Village Wool, Albuquerque is just a wee bit too far from Minneapolis to pop by for a visit. :)

    Have fun, tho - it sounds like the perfect job for you! (And get healthy quick.)

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:01 AM  

  • Well, my hubby has to pick up a computer monitor for his dad out in the NE Heights, so we may pop in for a bit and see what is going on... I still need to pick up yarn for those Jaywalker socks!!!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:45 AM  

  • Free babysitting at the LYS. I love it! Happy Birthday to that buttered boy of yours.

    By Blogger Ramona, at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home