Thursday, February 02, 2006

I should win an award

for the most fraternal pair of Jaywalkers out there. Cara & Kathy? Don't you think? I mean, of course they are different sizes and the one I just finished used smaller needles for the ribbing. But dayum! That's some pooling if I've ever seen it! This second sock fits perfectly. I still altered the pattern with the toe decrease and the number of stitches I used in the graft. Otherwise, 76 stitches on size 2.5mm worked like a charm. Aren't they lovely? *snork* Actually, they are super comfy and will be great house sockies/slippers. Click to see a bit better.




Here I am running away from this pattern! Although. You know what? Now that I got the gauge down I'm super tempted to use my other skein of Socks That Rock to make another pair. Somebody stop me! Or maybe I'll just do one of those simply patterns I posted yesterday?

Anyway, I'l be at the shop tomorrow from 10-3 if anyone wants to come visit. I'm off to decide what my next project will be. Because you know, I can not sit here and watch TV without knitting! The horrors!

13 Comments:

  • Pretty funny! Glad you got them finished. I was just a little bit worried. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 PM  

  • Those are pretty different, you're right! I'm not sure anyone else has knit a pair like that, hehe :). I'd still love them for the gallery, are you game?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

  • whoa, that is crazy!
    NOw if only I could get sock #2 started!!

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 8:03 PM  

  • forget fraternal, I would go for maybe second cousins. They still look cool!

    By Blogger Ramona, at 8:15 PM  

  • I LOVE them b/c of their differences! Hope to see you tomorrow...

    By Blogger Beverly, at 9:10 PM  

  • Those are awesome in their randomness.

    By Blogger Emy, at 10:16 PM  

  • My first one pooled like that also. I'm curious to see what's going to happen with the second. I'm not quite at the heel yet, we shall see...

    By Blogger Nancy Wetmore-Mathews, at 6:48 AM  

  • Pretty, pretty! I love the colors. Can't wait to see what the next knitting project is! ;)

    By Blogger Erin, at 6:49 AM  

  • I like them!!!

    I think verigated yarns might not be the best for these sockies! I am planning to try another pair with Lorna's Laces to see what happens...

    The Opal yarn really worked well with them! Since the verigated doesn't have the exact same dyed areas, they will be fraternal, not identical twins. With the Opal, the die pattern is consistant so you can make them identical!

    I will see you at the shop! I have to go home and put the Harley in the garage and get my truck. Damn, riding the bike to work in below freezing weather is fun! I was nice and warm, except my fingers. I need heated gloves for winter riding!

    Yup, Pretzel Boy is here... No one is in unless they have to be! The funny thing is that I didn't see a single protester. I think they did some kind of sweep to not allow them in Rio Rancho today... Bummer...

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:32 AM  

  • That is hysterical! My NSR Anne Jaywalkers (toe up) pool like the left on foot, then switch to striping in the gusset and up the leg when the stitch count changed. Very interesting...

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:19 AM  

  • Those are awesome! I've never seen that much of a difference in two socks. They look great!

    By Blogger kate, at 12:18 PM  

  • Too crazy looking!

    By Blogger itgirl, at 1:58 PM  

  • Cooly different, yeah, that's it =) They really match your blog colors perfectly, and hey, since the pooling is the part you keep inside the shoe, we'll just keep it "our" little secret hehehehehe, of course, I'd have to show everyone I know, but that's just me! I like them =)

    By Blogger JustApril, at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home