Sunday, January 22, 2006

Fine! Be that way!

What? No one is going to join my team? If that's the case I may be pushed over the edge and have to join this team then.



I hope you all will accept that responsibility if it comes to that....At least the girls of JenLa have my kind of sense of humor. See I know a lot of you are Sandbaggers out there. "Ohhhh I'm just a beginner! I doubt I can do something that difficult!" *Trots off and whips off Charlotte's Web* Get it? Come on now. Be honest and join my team.

Shall we revisit the Jaywalker dilemma? If anything pushes me over the edge it will be these flipping socks. I have never struggled like this to get gauge in my 25+ years of knitting. I was going to post this whole funny picture of my Jaywalker that I literally just cut and put to the the side. I refused to frog it. I'd rather buy a whole new skein of yarn than wind that back up into a ball again for the third time. But no. I'm not giving this sock any more publicity until it's behaving like it's supposed to. Once it's being a good little sock again I will reward it with some Blog time. After almost crying at the store yesterday to Franzie, the Sock Goddess, she finally found me a pair of 2.50mm Crystal Palace Bamboo DPNs. For some reason, these are nice and slick and are a million times better than the Brittany Birches I was using before. I love them. And more importantly? I'm hitting gauge baybee! As not to jinx it, I will refrain from talking about it anymore. Maybe 3 is the magic number. We shall see.

I wanted to also talk again about how much fun it is to work at the store. I have already met all of the other Abq Knitters with whom I have been e-mailing and blogging with over the last year. It's so cute how they all come in and ask if I'm Scout. In the past few days I met Rebecca, Jeannie & Cynthia. Then, the funniest one was on Friday when Chris from Stumbling Over Chaos called! I had just walked into the store from grabbing the girly from pre-school and the phone rang. When I answered it I heard, "Oh Hi Jamie......ummmmm this is Chris from Stumbling Over Chaos!" It cracks me up how we all introduce ourselves by our Blogs. She was calling to buy another one of these awesome circular needle cases that we carry that are made my a local woman. If anyone wants one they are $35.00 and are the most kick-ass way to store your circular needles. They come in about 4-5 colors. ( Purple, royal blue, teal and ummmmm red?) I hadn't even noticed them until she e-mailed me about them. Let me know if you are interested because we will need to let this woman know to get a bunch more made.


4 Comments:

  • :) And how fun was this - I got to hear the Scoutlets in the background!

    I have complete faith that you will triumph over that Jaywalker.

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:58 AM  

  • OK, Scout, I didn't see these at Village Wools yesterday when I was there looking around... Please set aside one for me and I will pick it up... I really need one of these in a BAD WAY!!!

    I like the sandbagger idea... Since I don't have a lot of time to do knitting, I may join ya...

    BTW, don't feel bad about the Jaywalkers. I thought mine were too big, so I frogged and did it with the next needle size down. Then, I couldn't get the stupid sock over my heel... I decided to go back up a size and do a little decrease at the gussett to make the foot a bit tighter... I still love how they are turning out. THank you again for the great socks!!!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 7:06 AM  

  • I am going to knit something entirely at work. I just don't know what it will be yet. is there a team for that?

    By Blogger GibsonGrrl, at 7:36 AM  

  • Girl, I think you need a likkered up Jaywalker button. I know I want one.

    By Blogger Ramona, at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home