Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm alive

Got a bit more sleep last night and definitely feel better. I ate some toast and am going to even brave some coffee now that something is in my tummy. I have a huge headache from no caffeine yesterday. Thanks for all of the well wishes. I'm just happy it was just a 24 hour thing. I'm even hoping to maybe go to work for a few hours. We'll see how I feel in a bit.

Now, on to knitty goodness. I did happen to finish the boy's socks two nights ago. They turned out great. They are a little bit too big in the calf but it's okay. He loves them. The girly had to model hers too.





I loved all of the ideas for the 2 day knitting contest. No one really won since I didn't get to knit for one of those days. However, if I had to pick the one I liked the best I would have to say that my girl Bev would win. I love these little bags. I will have to make one soon. So I'll be picking up something fun for you from the store okay?

What I did start the other night after the socks were done was this fun scarf I saw on Knitty Gritty. I'm using some Bernat Cottontots I bought for that baby sweater I have yet to make. Shhhhhhhh.



The first criss cross row was a bit awkward but then it's a breeze afterwards. I think I'll make this for the girly. It's just some stash yarn but pretty cute for a little girl I think. Isn't it a fun pattern? It's supposed to be done with something more like mohair but I think it can work with this too.

Okay. I'm going to go get coffee, wind my Socks That Rock and cast on for Jaywalker so I'm ready to go tonight. Cara, I'm e-mailing you because I have a question about these.

**Edited to add - Here is the pattern for the scarf as requested by a few of you.**

12 Comments:

  • I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! The kids' socks are super cute. And I think that stitch pattern works well with your non-mohair yarn.

    Hope the coffee works out...

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:15 AM  

  • I'm a winner! Woo, hoo!

    By Blogger Beverly, at 8:18 AM  

  • what the heck yarn is that?
    Cool stitch pattern. I think you told me about it a while ago.

    I may see you at the shop.

    By Blogger strangelittlemama, at 8:19 AM  

  • Hi - I usually lurk, but that scarf brought me out of hiding! I just searched DIY and Knitty Gritty, but can't seem to locate it...maybe you happen to remember when you saw it? Glad you are feeling better, too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 AM  

  • Soooo glad you're feeling better!

    By Blogger Carole Knits, at 9:00 AM  

  • Hope you get to feeling much better very soon! Glad you can knit again, though. (I always feel the ultimate injustice is being in bed sick, and not being able to knit!) That scarf pattern looks cute. Nice job on the kiddo's socks!

    By Blogger jen, at 11:05 AM  

  • PS -- I made one of those little bags, and it's a favorite little summer bag. I should blog about it ... it was from preblogging days.

    By Blogger jen, at 11:07 AM  

  • I can't find that scarf on Knitty Gritty either. :( Do you know where the pattern can be found?

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 11:56 AM  

  • hey look at that. jinx. ;)
    they are SO cute in their matching socks!! now i want the purple ones for myself. hehehe. oh, and i'm a huge fan of the socks that rock yarn too. its totally dreamy.

    By Blogger Dharia, at 12:07 PM  

  • Thanks for the pattern! After I read your blog I saw the same pattern on another blog but they said it was from Vogue Spring & Summer 2005. They are nearly identical.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 12:16 PM  

  • Cute socks and your daughter has the most beautiful eyes! Glad you are feeling better now. The stitch pattern for the scarf is way cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 PM  

  • What yarn did you use for the kid's socks? They are awesome!!!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home